Essay Paper for IAS, UPSC, Civil Services Mains Exams
Essay 250 Marks
Essay : Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics. They will be expected to keep closely to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in orderly fashion, and to write concisely. Credit will be given for effective and exact expression.
How to prepare for Essay Paper IAS, UPSC, Civil Services Mains Exams?
Most of the candidates spend a lot of time in studying the for the general studies papers. By doing this many a times they tend to ignore the essay paper which requires a lot of regular practice and consistency. You get four topics out of which you need to choose two topics on which you will write. Each contains a total of 125 marks. Here are some tips to ace the essay paper:
- Read as many essays as much you can this will give you a glance how actually a good essay look like.
- Newspaper is the biggest source to acquire knowledge. Many of the students stop reading newspaper in between of their due to lack of time. But this is one of the biggest mistakes committed by them. Newspaper reading helps in clearing the IAS as keeps you updated with the latest happening and all current affairs. This enhances the awareness about the surroundings.
- It helps to enrich and enhance the general knowledge and current affairs important from the exam of viewpoint. It also plays a key role in enhancing the preparation of general studies. Thus a single piece of newspaper serves multiple purposed so newspaper reading shouldn’t be discontinued. Reading newspaper should be a habit of every IAS aspirant.
- In addition you can make a separate notebook in which all the important quotes, phrases and new words can be written down.
- Prepare in advance the closing and opening lines which you will write in the essay.
- A candidate can also prepare essay in advance on general topics like education, technology, women empowerment, health and other relevant topics which are significant from exam point of view. This will help to write the essay easily in the final exam.
- While writing essay make sure to give real life examples which relates to current scenario so as to give an overview of the topic asked. This gives the examiner an idea that candidate has thorough knowledge and understanding about the topic.
- Your essay should give a clear picture of the topic. Instead of making stories about every thing, write precisely and to the point. This avoids the repetition of the same thing again and again.
- Approach a topic and write from different perspective. Like you can write about its historical background, political and contemporary situations.
- Before appearing for final exam, try to write as many essays as much you can. Take feedback on written essays as to get an idea about the quality of the content.
- Make sure that your essay has a introduction, body as well as a conclusion.
There is no definitive Syllabus for IAS, UPSC, Civil Services Mains Essay Paper.
Click below to free download Syllabus for IAS, UPSC, Civil Services Mains Essay Paper.